- A Mazdayasni is a person who believes in Mazda as the God and practices the teachings of the Mazdayasni belief system.
- In earliest times, even before prophet Zarathushtra, the Peshdadian king Gayomard was the first to receive communication from Mazda and thus was the first Mazda-yasni that is “worshipper of Mazda.” He then led other people to understand, follow and practice this good path of life.
- Thereafter all kings of Peshdadain and Kayanian dynasty followed the Mazdayasni belief system. Some of them also added new beneficial practices. Such kings are known as Saoshyants.
- Prophet Zarathushtra was born a Mazdayasni. He later consolidated the Mazdayasni belief system into the Mazdayasni Zarthoshti religion.
- In the beginning of the Jasa me Avanghe Mazda prayer at the end of our Kasti, we say the words “Mazdayasno ahmi, Mazdayasno Zarathushtrish” which mean “I am a Mazdayasni, a Mazdayasni Zarthosti.” In this sentence we profess ourselves to be first Mazdayasnis and then Mazdayasni Zarthoshtis.
6. In the Fravarane prayer, we introduce ourselves as Mazdayasno Zarathushtrish “a Mazdayasni Zarthoshti” who is vidaevo and ahura-tkaesho, that is, who works against the daevas (negativities) and follows the good teachings of Ahura.